Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16: Someone who inspires me.

She sits across from me and watches my face as I try to not conceal all that has happened. A friend & a mother who has cried and longed for my safety.
I break.
Even though this has happened too many years ago.
She waits.
This woman that fought years to stay in love, within a long full life.
& I unleash that which has lay claim on my heart & mind.
She inspires me to learn from my inner strength. To lead ahead in confidence, silently but with purpose.
As my own mother leaves the house, bidding farewell in her most concerned voice, she states:
"Our life was hard, I'm sorry you were born."
It always falls on the ears of pain. Scorching another tender moment.
I began to know their every move, every strike against me and still I stood my ground.
If they were going to knock me down, I was going to stand back up.
I learned this. How to face my fear; from someone who inspires me, who chose to listen, who taught me how to pray.
So I slowly start, as the words tumble straight ahead.. they gain momentum.
So Fawned 30 Days Hath November


2 comments:

The Sidekick said...

I adore you. I am so, so happy you were born. You are a like a tree, planted by the rivers of water. You are strong with the ability to bend and flexible enough to bend back again.

You are a Godsend, literally.

Grandma K said...

I have huge respect for you, for your courage, for your honesty. You are breaking the cycle and are such an example to your family, to the rest of us.

Thank you.