Friday, February 03, 2012

One Year: Thin Place: Living Waters



The memories began to flood into my dreams, taking over the night.
More than three decades had past, but I could still remember my first years, and first memories.
Still to this day unspeakable horrors constantly follow me as reminders.
In the night they would haunt me with the past, taunt me with protecting the present, and cause me to grip the reality that it was ‘all gone’ now.
I silently cried until my pillow was drenched and then lay awake until the hours slipped away.
A familiar gentle peace, of one small sliver of light, poured over me.
As my mind began to relax a vivid image of my silhouette began to take form.
It was somewhere on a lake, cascaded on the dock, while the waves lapped up on my legs and the shore was clearly visible.
The light began to fade and I listened to my own voice;
Today is the day that I prayed for you.
Yesterday is past, tomorrow still has time to start.
I stood watching you in the glass reflection, you paused with me and smiled for a instant.



Today is the day I prayed for you.
Do you feel your heart healing, and your mind relaxing?
It’s going to be in a minute that will pass, or perhaps an hour that comes and goes, please remember.
I love you to pieces and I am so pleased to know that you have walked this journey with me. You opened my eyes to the loving hands and hearts that surround my life, believe with me that this will only be one prayer, the rest has bathed you in waiting.
Notice this passage:
“On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.’” -John 7:37-38
Feel it now? Jesus is streams of Living Water for you and for me.

4 comments:

Kmarie said...

I love your mysterious poetry and obvious lessons. Thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

So very very evocative and beautiful.

Tabitha Bird said...

Beautiful and so compelling! Don't you ever stop writing my friend :)

The Tea Bag said...

I am so thrilled that I stumbled onto your blog tonight - after you had whiled away some time this very evening in the TH! I look forward to reading more and getting to know you. Your writing speaks to my heart.

Karyn