Monday, December 20, 2010

Winters golden embraces

Thank you for...

a calm and peaceful day today.

taking the kids so I could do my Christmas shopping

going sleigh riding with the kids so I could work

making plans and getting us out of the house

always keeping the house stocked with food

making sure we are all well dressed

doing mountains of laundry. Huge mountains. Many mountains.

always encouraging me with my music

blogging and sharing your life with others

teaching me what empathy and compassion are

and not giving up on me and my issues

knitting me a toque. It's my most favorite thing I've ever been given. Ever.

encouraging me to have friends

showing me how to face fears

Thank you for love.

These are my words, my thoughts, my feelings for you:

You are amazing. Truly.

You are gifted and I admire you.

You are gracious and kind. I've seen it so many times.

You are generous and compassionate, giving more than you receive.

You are wise as a woman, a listener and a friend.

Your knitting is amazing. Your creations are not mere garments, but blessings.

Your heart is precious - thank you for sharing it with me.



I love you, Alicia.

~Daryl

3 comments:

Kmarie said...

This was the sweetest thing! At first I was confused- i thought" daryl knitts??! Well good for him..." But then I got it. What a tribute...
And it's true- alicia you are amazing.

kimberley said...

i agree whole heartedly - you are amazing, dear friend. a true gift who is incredibly gifted.

just sayin' said...

AWWWWWWWWWW That is the sweetest thing ever!